Dysport® is a fast-acting and long-lasting cosmetic injection proven to help smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, without altering the look or movement of the rest of the face.
How Dysport® Works
Dysport® reduces muscle activity to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows.
Wrinkles form as a result of repeated movements and muscle contractions. One injection into each of the five points between and above the eyebrows temporarily inhibits muscle contractions, helping to prevent the formation of frown lines.
Repeat treatments can provide results comparable to the first treatment. Minimal downtime is required after treatment, which means patients can resume daily activities without interruption.
Dysport® is not an option for individuals who:
- Are allergic to Dysport® or any of the ingredients in Dysport®
- Are allergic to cow’s milk protein
- Had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product, such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Botox® (onabotulinumtoxinA) or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA)
- Have a skin infection at the planned injection site
Dysport® may not be right for individuals who have:
- Undergone surgery to their face
- Very weak muscles in the treatment area
- Poor face symmetry
- Inflammation at the planned injection site
- Droopy eyelids or sagging eyelid folds
- Deep facial scars
- Thick, oily skin
- Wrinkles that can’t be smoothed by spreading them apart
Patients should speak to their doctor to find out if Dysport® is an option for them.
Common Side Effects
The most common side effects of Dysport® include:
- Nose and throat irritation
- Pain at the injection site
- Skin reaction at the injection site
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Eyelid swelling
- Eyelid drooping
- Sinus inflammation
What to Expect During Treatment
The doctor will begin by cleaning the treatment area and go on to apply a small amount of topical anesthetic to prevent pain. Patients may feel slight pressure from the injections, but shouldn’t experience any significant pain or discomfort.
The physician may inject Dysport® in five different spots around the forehead and eyebrows.
The entire procedure takes a few minutes. Most of the time spent at the doctor’s office involves preparation. Unless patients experience immediate side effects, they can leave immediately after the procedure.
Patients will be provided follow-up instructions, which will include a recommended timeline for repeating the procedure in a few months’ time.
Patients are free to go home immediately after Dysport® injections.
They may see results as soon as two days after treatment. But since these effects are temporary, patients will need additional injections after a few months to maintain visible results.
Patients should be careful to avoid rubbing the treatment area, as this can increase their risk for side effects and the spread of the toxin. Patients should also wait at least two hours before exercising and engaging in other forms of physical activity.
If you’re ready to schedule a consultation for Dysport®, give us a call! Beautiful, glowing skin at the best medical spa in Las Vegas is just one treatment away!